Monday, June 20, 2011

Cinnamon dolce iced coffee

I think I've finally perfected an iced coffee, at least to M's and my taste. With my Aeropress, which I love for many reasons, it is especially easy to make something approximating espresso in individual servings, without having to use nasty leftover cold coffee. I'm sure a strong-brewed French press cup would work extremely well here too. Here's how I made mine:

Cinnamon syrup:
1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
Combine sugar, water, and cinnamon in small saucepan and bring to a boil. Let reduce for about 5 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Kept covered in the fridge, this should last a good while.

Coffee:
1/2 cup hot strong-brewed coffee or espresso (I used Starbucks Italian roast and made "espresso" with my Aeropress)
2 tsp. heavy cream
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon syrup (see above)
4-5 large ice cubes

Into the fresh brewed coffee stir the cream and syrup. Add ice cubes all at once and stir for a few seconds to cool quickly. Enjoy.

No comments: