Monday, July 11, 2011

Chocolate-coconut sherbert

I've never been entirely sure what sherbe(r)t* is, and David Lebovitz can't even put his finger on it, but I don't care: I can't believe how good this stuff turned out. It's the first ice cream-type thing I've made that has a flawless texture. It's like frozen mousse. I used my stand-by, Trader Joe's 72% dark chocolate, and I might be afraid if I used semi-sweet that the ice cream would be too sweet. But the only real downside with this dessert is the danger of having it within easy reach in my freezer. And lucky you, this recipe is available online.

* I just discovered that sherbe(r)t is usually spelled without the second 'r.' I've always pronounced it as I spell it, sherbert. But "sherbet" is how DL spells it throughout his book. Weird.

No comments: